When working with a Facebook or Instagram advertising agency, you will need to grant the agency access to your Facebook product catalog. The product catalog contains a description of each product, including I.D., name, category, availability, product URL, and image URL, along with other product attributes. This allows a paid social agency to run certain types of ads or objectives.
Follow the steps below to navigate through your Facebook Business Manager account and grant access to your Facebook product catalog.
How to Grant Access to Facebook Product Catalog
- Visit https://business.facebook.com/ to login to your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top left corner to expand the main dropdown menu. Within the dropdown, click ‘Business Settings’.
- In the menu displayed under ‘Business Settings’, click ‘Data Sources’. A dropdown menu will appear. Then click ‘Catalogs’.
- Click on the catalog you would like to add people to.
- From there, you’ll have the option to ‘Add People’ or ‘Assign Partners’.
- When partnering with agencies, ‘Assigning Partners’ is the suggested route, but both options are outlined below:
- When you select ‘Add People’ you are giving an individual person access to your catalog. To do so, they will already need to be added to your Business Manager account.
- Once you click ‘Add People’ you’ll be able to select the person you would like to give access to.
- You can grant them ‘Standard Access’ or ‘Admin Access’:
- Standard access allows users to access reports and create and edit item sets to run ads.
- Admin access allows users to control settings, make updates to the catalog, and create and edit item sets to run ads.
- Click ‘Assign’.
- When assigning partners to your catalog, they will need to have a Business Manager.
- Selecting ‘Assign Partner’ gives you two options:
Assign a Partner by Business ID:
- If you have their Facebook Business ID, click this option, and enter the Partner Business ID.
- Grant them either Standard or Admin Access. Admin Access is recommended.
- Select ‘Next’ then ‘Close’.
Assign a Partner by Sharing a Link:
- Click this option and then select which permissions you would like to grant them. We recommend granting Admin Access.
- A link will generate. Share this link with the partner to allow them to connect their Business Manager to your catalog.
You’re all set! You can now collaborate with your Facebook or Instagram advertising agency to promote your Facebook catalog.