1. Sign in to Google Ads.
2. In the upper right corner, click the tools icon, and under “Measurement,” click Conversions.
3. Click the +CONVERSIONS button.
4. Click Website.
5. Next to “Conversion name,” enter a name for the conversion you would like to track. Popular names for conversions are Transactions, Sales or Leads.
6. Next to “Category,” select a description for your conversion action. (optional)
7. Next to “Value,” select 1 of 3 options outlined below for how you would like to track the value of each conversion;
a. “Use the same value for each conversion” – This option would be suitable for any lead-based conversions that have a specific worth to your business.
b. “Use different values for each conversion” – This option would be suitable for accounts tracking purchases of products with different prices. Later, we will customize our tag to track transaction-specific values.
c. “Don’t use a value”
a. For purchases “Every” is recommended.
b. For leads, “One” is recommended.
a. For retail clients, we suggest a 30-day window.
b. For lead gen, we suggest you take a look at the typical conversion length for previous users. If you are unsure, a 30-day window is a good place to start.
10. In the View-through conversion dropdown. Select how long to track view-through conversions from the drop-down. We suggest 1 day.
11. In the Include in “Conversions” dropdown, we suggest the following;
a. If this conversion will be the main KPI, select “Yes” by checking the box.
b. If this conversion will be a secondary KPI, choose “No” by leaving the box empty.
12. Click Create and continue.