After a record-breaking quarter, we celebrated our first-ever company retreat September 22-24, 2021, in the city that blessed the world with bananas foster— New Orleans.
We’ve experienced exponential growth within our team, client accounts and managed ad spend throughout the last quarter. Like… a LOT of growth. Our team was retreat-ready!
The goal of our retreat was to strategize and brainstorm for upcoming client campaigns, recharge our human batteries, and further strengthen the incredible company culture we’ve built (mostly virtually!) thus far.
It’s safe to say we accomplished all of our original goals and more. Here are some team takeaways from our retreat.
- Our very own Ashley Grieco was recognized for receiving one of the fastest promotions in Socium’s history! Ashley joined the Socium team as an analyst in May, 2021 and was promoted to a strategist in October, 2021. As an analyst, her primary focus was to learn the ropes of how Socium operates paid search accounts. Now, as a strategist, we’re excited for her to continue working proactively, delivering highly accurate work, and being an all-around great team player.
- Our ‘busy’ season is about to get even busier! This year’s Black Friday online sales are expected to increase by 20%— and 25% of those sales are expected to be completed exclusively on mobile devices. If you aren’t sure where to start to get the most out of your BF promos, you know where to find us.
- The bananas foster at Brennan’s will make you go, well… bananas. It’s made with 6 simple ingredients, so if you can’t wait to try it in New Orleans, you can make it at home!
- Our team has grown by 182% YoY! This growth isn’t expected to slow down any time soon— we’re currently hiring for paid media, paid search, and reporting & analytics positions.
- Our client-managed account spend went up 38% this quarter, crossing $30m in overall Q3 managed media spend. This is a new record for Socium!
- If your birthday happens to fall on one of the days of a company retreat, you’re automatically upgraded to an unlimited birthday pass. These exclusive passes are good for one week and guarantee you’ll be wished (and sung) happy birthday each day of the retreat. Just ask Paige!
The amount of growth Socium Media has experienced in the last year is a testament to our team’s work ethic. We’re so thankful that we were able to give everybody an excuse to set up their OOO auto-replies, even if for only a few days.
As we head into the busiest season for most businesses, if you’re considering ramping up your paid advertisement/SEM/SEO strategy, we’re your people. Reach out to us, and let’s see if we can help you grow your business, too.
And if you’re in the market for your next career adventure, we’re looking for more hardworking people to join the #SociumTeam. Check out our open positions here, and let’s chat.